Hey! My name is Eilis, I live in Philadelphia, PA and I’m an 18 year old college student. I’m about 5’3, I’m roughly 180-190 and I’m a size 14-16/38H.
I’ve always been a bit bigger than average; but I’ve also always had an athletic build which made it easier for me to stay in shape. When I was about 13, I started to develop breasts and that made it really hard for me to run and play the sports that I used to (gynmastics, dancing, soccer etc).
By the time I was 16, i had gained about 70+ pounds, and I was a 38G. I was really upset, I didn’t know what to do and it really took a toll on me. I would obsess over everything I ate and limit myself to an unsustainable amount of calories a day. I would try my hardest to work out but it was just so difficult- a lot of my weight was muscle and it was really hard to lose/sports bras only do so much lol.
As I got older, I realized that I needed to focus on being healthy, and not the number on the scale or the number on my jeans. I realized that this is my body type, and that’s something I will have to live with. Why try to change something about yourself when there’s nothing really wrong to begin with? So what if was “plus sized” or whatever you want to call it- I was still the same person.
My boyfriend of 3 years has been by my side the entire time, and he loves every single one of my curves unconditionally- so why shouldn’t I?
I’ve lost a little bit of weight since my initial gain- but I’ve stopped weighing myself altogether. Instead of struggling to be thin, or obsessing over my flaws I am learning to embrace, love and honor every curve on my body- and it’s safe to say I am SO much happier now.
This is cute as fuck and describes pretty accurately how I feel too.
This comic is included Anything that Loves edited by Zan Christensen.
aside from this comic being really cute and honest, it also points out this really huge glaring problem in the gay community in relation to trans-men.
in my experience with a lot of gay men, they have this extremely purist view when it comes to what being a “real man” is, which is bad enough when you have different gay subcultures (bears, gymrats, etc) who have different specific definitions of what a “real man” is.
however for the most part, many gay men seem to agree upon a point of leaving trans-men not only out of their gender, but out of their sexuality as well and I have a real fucking problem with that.
i’m pretty open about things that relate to my sexuality, and i myself identify more or less as a homosexual, but i’ve found the worst part in the gay community is dealing with this bullshit. eventually i found that i at least have the luxury of telling guys to fuck off if i don’t meet their standards, but i know that’s a lot harder for folk when they seem to have the entire population of homosexuals more or less invalidating not only their gender, but their orientation as well.
with all of that said, i just ask this. if you happen to be a cisgender homosexual, like myself, don’t tell other gay men that they aren’t actually gay if they’re dating or have had relations with a trans-man because that’s a load of fucking bullshit.
more important, under any circumstance do not tell a trans-man they’re not a man or that they aren’t allowed to like other men who are homosexual, be they cis or trans.
that’s all i really wanted to say.
Miley Cyrus made a homophobic, bi-erasing date rape joke and like… where are all of the white feminists who were saying how great of a feminist she is? HMMMMM? Why aren’t they calling this shit out?
It’s really bothering me that I haven’t seen this blowing up ANYWHERE. Her comments were fucking disgusting and it needs to be addressed.
What the actual fuck
Oh, but we can downplay the accomplishments of women when ever we want. What the fuck ever. You dicks can fuck right the hell off.
friendly reminder not to support lindt this easter season, or apparently ever again, because they support autism speaks.
can someone please explain why autism speaks is so bad?
because they’re adamant that autism is a disease that can be “cured”. They don’t have a single autistic person on their board. Autism Speaks produces advertisements, small films, ect. about what a burden autistic people are to a society. They only spend about 4% of their money on “family services.” They create a stereotype that makes it hard for actual autistic people, like myself, be heard and recognized as actually autistic. I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder before they realized that I actually showed signs of Asperger’s. They don’t actually help us.
That’s the problem with Autism Speaks.
(tw for violence, ableism, abuse, murder, and death)
It goes deeper than not having any autistic board members. Many of the allistics running the organization promote the horrific notion that you’re better off dead than autistic, and their influence and “activism” only supports the ideology resulting in the continued murder of autistic children and adults by their parents and caregivers.
Former Autism Speaks board member Harry Slatkin, whose wife, Laura, continues to serve on the Board of Directors, stated in an interview with Town and Country while still a board member that sometimes he hoped their autistic son David would drown in the backyard pond rather than “suffer like this all his life.” Evidencing a pattern of similarly violent rhetoric, Autism Speaks is also responsible for the 2006 PSA “Autism Every Day" in which their then Vice President states on camera that she considered putting her autistic daughter in the car and driving off a bridge, and that the only reason she refrained from doing so was because her other, non-autistic daughter would have been waiting for her at home—her autistic daughter was in the room as she made these statements. Furthermore, the producer of this PSA explicitly admitted that the film was intentionally staged to portray negative images of autistic people and their families.
Only four days following the release of “Autism Every Day,” pathologist Karen McCarron smothered her autistic daughter with a garbage bag. McCarron stated that she murdered Katie because her “autism had not been improving,” had thought about killing Katie, that made an earlier brief attempt at suffocation, wanted to cure Katie, thought killing Katie would make her “complete” in heaven, and wanted to live without autism and thus had to kill Katie. Investigators found that McCarron was obsessed with different treatments for Katie. (See People v. FRANK-McCARRON, 934 NE 2d 76 - Ill: Appellate Court, 3rd Dist. 2010.) Though it is not presently possible to draw a direct connection between Autism Speaks’ PSA and Katie’s murder, this crime and dozens like it only underscore how the kind of rhetoric that Autism Speaks favors only serves to recklessly endanger the lives of autistic people.
Autism Speaks also publicly supports the Judge Rotenberg Center, a group home for autistic and neurodivergent students that uses “treatments” like food and sleep deprivation and electric shock to try and train the residents into acting neurotypical. The center has changed states three times in an attempt to bypass regulation against abusive treatment, and their practices have resulted in the deaths of more than one student.
It’s not just an issue of Autism Speaks making it harder for us to get proper diagnoses and treatment. Autism Speaks is actively killing us.
I was eyeing up their strawberries and cream lindor the other day but this is more important than delicious chocolate.
you all need to know this. You really do. Please do not support Lindt or anything that supports autism speaks. Please.
Well shit. I used to really like Lindor…
At least now though I can get better chocolate from Aldi.
Absolutely re-blogging this, because more people need to know that what Autism Speaks has done (and still is doing) is not cool. I’ve known this for years, having autism myself, but it still needs to be said, and repeated, until everyone gets it.
Any organization who consistently refers to autistics as “taken”, “stolen” or otherwise “not whole”, or calls their movie “Sounding the Alarm”, which is basically connecting autism to a reference to the goddamn Rapture in the Book of Revelation (where, once again, a parent expresses their want to kill their adult child with autism), should not be supported. They are dangerous, they support a dangerous ideal towards people with autism, and their words can easily be taken as a justification to harm those with disabilities.
And the worst part is, because they are the biggest autism organization, a lot of companies fall for their “altruistic” bullshit. They are not altruistic. The bulk of their money does not go to helping actual autistic people or for other practical purposes - it goes to “research” for a “cure” and a “cause”. And they prey on the emotions of family members of people with autism, and the pursestrings of those companies those families buy from, to accomplish this.
Spread the word and reblog. Boycott these companies and tell them with your money how you feel about their sponsorship of Autism Speaks.
Ever hear of LookHuman? You probably know them as the website that has apparel and accessories with catchy slogans and phrases that fit right in with the tumblr community’s sense of humor.
Well, that’s because a large number of those catchy slogans and phrases, along with artwork, were made by tumblr users and used without credit or permission.
That’s right: LookHuman repeatedly and routinely steals/plagiarizes and profits off the work and words of others.
Don’t believe me? Take a look:
- Original Post on tumblr:
Stolen by LookHuman:
- Original Post on tumblr:
Stolen by LookHuman:
- Original Post on tumblr:
Stolen by LookHuman:
- Original Post on tumblr:
Stolen by LookHuman:
- Original Post on tumblr:
Stolen by LookHuman:
- Original Post on tumblr:
Stolen by LookHuman:
- Original Post on tumblr:
Stolen by LookHuman:
And this is just a short list of the examples I could find easily.
They have also stolen work from other websites as well:
Stolen by LookHuman:
LookHuman is a company that preys on artists. They profit off other people’s work. None of the money from their sales go back to the original artists or originators of the artwork, slogans, and phrases they use. None of these people were credited.
Bottom line: See a cute shirt with a catchy phrase on LookHuman’s website? Chances are it’s already being sold by the original poster.
Don’t like seeing companies like this thrive? Don’t allow them to.
122 N Grant Ave
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Tell LookHuman that you do not support art theft and plagiarism, and demand that they stop engaging in these practices. Refuse to buy from their store until they change their policies and begin crediting the artists whose work they are profiting off of.
Boycott art thieves.
Anonymous said: sorry, big boobs dont make up for your fat everything else.
1k selfie get on my level
Abortion seems to be the only medical procedure that people want to deny you based on how you got in that situation. Drove drunk, got in an accident and need an organ transplant? No problem. Messing around with a gun, accidentally shoot yourself in the leg and need surgery? Of course. Smoke tobacco for most of your life and need treatment for lung cancer? Yep. Climb a tree, fall out and break your leg? We’ll fix that right up. Have sex and get pregnant when you don’t want to be? YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO THIS SITUATION AND YOU DESERVE NO MEDICAL HELP OR COMPASSION! THIS IS YOUR FAULT AND YOU WILL DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES!
Abortion seems to be the only medical procedure that people want to deny you based on how you got in that situation.
Drove drunk, got in an accident and need an organ transplant? No problem.
Messing around with a gun, accidentally shoot yourself in the leg and need surgery? Of course.
Smoke tobacco for most of your life and need treatment for lung cancer? Yep.
Climb a tree, fall out and break your leg? We’ll fix that right up.
Have sex and get pregnant when you don’t want to be? YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO THIS SITUATION AND YOU DESERVE NO MEDICAL HELP OR COMPASSION! THIS IS YOUR FAULT AND YOU WILL DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES!
Wow this is one of the best pro-choice arguments ever
Anonymous said: Yeah because you can totally tell how smart I am based on my opinion that porn is okay vs your opinion that is isn't. You're what's wrong with feminism; making men evil no matter what and women are always innocent victims who can't make choices for themselves. Because porn stars are totally forced to shoot videos and none of them have EVER quit the industry, right? Oh wait they have.
gonna need to pull your head out of your ass to read this one buddy
MASSIVE trigger warning for the following links and bullets. includes mentions of rape, abuse, violence, racism, misogyny, homophobia, child sex abuse, pedophilia
- There are over 420 million pages of pornographic material online worldwide. (IFR)
- 72 million searches for porn are logged monthly. (IFR)
- 25% of all daily search engine requests are for pornography (68 million searches daily) (IFR)
- 42.7% of internet users view porn (IFR)
- 100,000-plus websites are devoted to child pornography. There are over 116,000 daily requests for this material. (IFR)
- 20% of men admit to accessing pornography at work (IFR)
- 35% of those purchasing online porn make $75,000-plus annually. (IFR)
- The United States is the top producer of pornographic web pages with 244,661,900, or 89 percent (IFR)
- Worldwide revenue from mobile phone pornography is $1 billion-plus and growing (Bryan-Low, Cassel and Pringle, David. “Sex Cells: Wireless Operators Find That Racy Cellphone Video Drives Surge in Broadband Use.” The Wall Street Journal, May 12, 2005)
Ex-porn star testimonies:
- Corina Taylor: ”When I arrived to the set I expected to do a vaginal girl boy scene. But during the scene with a male porn star, he forced himself anally into me and would not stop. I yelled at him to stop and screamed ‘No’ over and over but he would not stop. The pain became too much and I was in shock and my body went limp.”
- Jenna Jameson: ”Most girls get their first experience in gonzo films – in which they’re taken to a crappy studio apartment in Mission Hills and penetrated in every hole possible by some abusive asshole who thinks her name is Bitch.”
- Alexa James: ”The first shoot I did was with a man who was probably 40 and he was as thick as a soda can. He held me down and shoved it in me with no lube tearing my vagina. When I started to tear up and cry he flipped me over and continued from behind be so they wouldn’t get me crying on film. He pulled my hair and choked me over and over again even when I told him it hurt and I could barely breathe.”
- Linda Lovelace: ”My initiation into prostitution was a gang rape by five men, arranged by Mr. Traynor. It was the turning point in my life. He threatened to shoot me with the pistol if I didn’t go through with it. I had never experienced anal sex before and it ripped me apart. They treated me like an inflatable plastic doll, picking me up and moving me here and there. They spread my legs this way and that, shoving their things at me and into me, they were playing musical chairs with parts of my body. I have never been so frightened and disgraced and humiliated in my life. I felt like garbage. I engaged in sex acts for pornography against my will to avoid being killed.The lives of my family were threatened.”
- Andi Anderson: ”After a year or so of that so-called “glamorous” life, I sadly discovered that drugs and drinking were a part of the lifestyle. I began to drink and party out of control! Cocaine, alcohol and ecstasy were my favorites. Before long, I turned into a person I did not want to be. After doing so many hardcore scenes I couldn’t do it anymore. I just remember being in horrible situations and experiencing extreme depression and being alone and sad.”
- Alexa Milano: ”My first movie I was treated very rough by 3 guys. They pounded on me, gagged me with their penises, and tossed me around like I was a ball! I was sore, hurting and could barely walk. My insides burned and hurt so badly. I could barely pee and to try to have a bowel movement was out of the question. I was hurting so bad from the physical abuse from these 3 male porn stars.”
- Jessie Jewels: ”People in the porn industry are numb to real life and are like zombies walking around. The abuse that goes on in this industry is completely ridiculous. The way these young ladies are treated is totally sick and brainwashing. I left due to the trauma I experienced even though I was there only a short time.”
- Genevieve: ”I had bodily fluids all over my face that had to stay on my face for ten minutes. The abuse and degradation was rough. I sweated and was in deep pain. On top of the horrifying experience, my whole body ached, and I was irritable the whole day. The director didn’t really care how I felt; he only wanted to finish the video.”
- Jersey Jaxin: ”Guys punching you in the face. You have semen from many guys all over your face, in your eyes. You get ripped. Your insides can come out of you. It’s never ending.”
- Elizabeth Rollings: ”I didn’t want to feel the pain of penetration from an over average sized man, being told to freeze in a position until the camera man was happy with his shots was very painful. I had peoples body fluids forced on my face or anywhere else the producer pleased and I had to accept it or else no pay. Sometimes you would get to a gig and the producer would change what the scene was supposed to be to something more intense and again if you didn’t like it, too bad, you did it or no pay.”
- Lucky Starr: ”I was worried about my first anal scene for quite a few days … then the big moment arrived. It REALLY hurt! I almost quit and said, “I can’t do this”. When it was all over, I was so happy and relieved I was able to do it…”
- Ashlyn Brooke: ”I honestly felt that if I had to have another strange man in my face, his hands (God knows where they’ve been all over me) him calling me his baby and having to exude some sort of forged passion for the world to see, I probably would have exploded. And what would have been stuck to the walls would have probably been nothing, just pieces of skin, bone, the brain of a robot, and what would have been left of what would have existed once as a huge and warm heart.”
- Roxy: ”After only 30 movies I caught two sexually transmitted diseases. Herpes, a non-curable disease and HPV, which led to cervical cancer where I had to have half of my cervix removed. Porn destroyed my life.”
- Anita Cannibal: ”Yeah, there are a lot of cover-ups going on. There is a lot of tragedy. There are a lot of horrible things.”
- Tamra Toryn: ”As for myself, I ended up paying the price from working in the porn industry. In 2006, not even 9 months in, I caught a moderate form of dysplasia of the cervix (which is a form of HPV, a sexually transmitted disease) and later that day, I also found out I was pregnant. I had only 1 choice which was to abort the baby during my first month. It was extremely painful emotionally and physically. When it was all over, I cried my eyes out.”
- Jessi Summers: ”I also did a scene where I was put with male talent that was on my no list. I wanted to please them so I did it. He put his foot on my head and stepped on it while he was doing me from behind. I freaked out and started balling; they stopped filming and sent me home with reduced pay since they got some shot but not the whole sce
- "teen" is the most commonly searched porn term
- child pornography is one of the fastest growing businesses online.
how pornographers feel about women:
- "I’d like to really show what I believe the men want to see: violence against women. I firmly believe that we [pornographers] serve a purpose by showing that. The most violent we can get is the cum shot in the face. Men get off behind that, because they get even with the women they can’t have. We try to inundate the world with orgasms in the face." - Bill Margold, porn industry veteran, quoted in Robert J. Stoller and I. S. Levine, Coming Attractions: The Making of an X-rated video; 1993.
- "There’s nothing I love more than when a girl insists to me that she won’t take a cock in her ass, because — oh yes she will!" -Max Hardcore, interviewed in Hustler (June 1995).
- "My whole reason for being in this Industry is to satisfy the desire of the men in the world who basically don’t much care for women and want to see the men in my Industry getting even with the women they couldn’t have when they were growing up. I strongly believe this… so we come on a woman’s face or somewhat brutalize her sexually: we’re getting even for their lost dreams. I believe this. I’ve heard audiences cheer me when I do something foul on screen. When I’ve strangled a person or sodomized a person, or brutalized a person, the audience is cheering my action, and then when I’ve fulfilled my warped desire, the audience applauds." - Bill Margold, porn industry veteran and Free Speech Coalition board member.
- "It might promote violence against women in the United States, but I say, ‘Good.’ I hate those bitches. They’re out of line and that’s one of the reasons I want to do this … I’m going through a divorce right now. … I hate American women." - What pornographers really think of women (Deutsche Presse-Agentur, 14 October 1999)
- 88% of scenes contained physical aggression, including spanking, gagging, and slapping.
- Women were overwhelmingly the targets of aggressive acts, and men the perpetrators.
- Following instances of aggression towards women, in 95% of cases the women expressed pleasure or neutrality.
cases of porn leading children to commit sexual assualt IN THE UK ALONE:
- February 2014: A 13-year-old boy told a UK court that he raped his 8-year-old sister after viewing pornography at his friend’s house. The teenager told police he “decided to try it out” on his sister because she was small and “couldn’t remember stuff,” reported the Lancashire Telegraph.
- November 2013: A different 13-year old UK boy pleaded guilty to raping an eight-year old girlwhen he was 10. A pornography addiction since age 9 was said to have played a significant role in his crimes.
- March 2013: Two boys aged 14 and 15 admitted to a British court that they were re-enacting scenes witnessed in violent online pornography when they beat, brutalized, then raped a 14-year-old girl they had tied to a chair.
- March 2013: A UK report found that thousands of British children had committed sexual offenses. In all, 4,562 minors – some as young as five – committed 5,028 sexual offenses over a three year period from 2009-2012. Experts blamed “easy access to sexual material.”
- January 2012: Children’s aid and sex abuse organizations in Australia largely blamed 414 cases of children sexually abusing other children on the explosion of pornography made accessible to children.
- August 2012: A 13-year-old Canadian boy pleaded guilty to repeatedly raping a 4-year-old boy who lived in his foster home. The boy said the idea came from watching “gay porn” on his foster parents’ home computer.
- April 2012: A child therapist reported a case of a 13-year-old boy who raped his 5-year-old sisterafter developing a “complex fantasy world” warped by “two years of constant porn use.”
- Latinos and Hispanics: Pornography tends to stereotype Hispanic women as feisty, “hot and spicy Latinas”, sexy Señoritas, with a high sex drive and low impulse control. Many are portrayed as maids, illegal immigrants to the United States, or unfaithful wives. Since Latinos and Hispanics can be of any race (many are white Hispanic Americans, Mestizos etc.), cultural characteristics are sometimes portrayed via iconic items like South and Central American national costumes, sombreros, maracas, or Mexican dresses.
- Asian women: Are viewed as sexually willing or submissive. Asian men are hardly portrayed in pairing with white women and not as common compared to white men with asian women porn. Asian women are mainly portrayed as the: “Dragon Ladies”, as servile “Lotus Blossom Babies”, “Innocent School Girls” in private school uniforms, “China dolls”, “Geisha girls”, war brides, or prostitutes. Japanese media have also at times sensationalistically promoted the stereotype of Japanese women overseas as “yellow cabs”.
- Black performers: Large penis size in Black men is consistently emphasized in pornography, often by exclusively casting actors with larger than average penises such as Lexington Steele, Kid Bengala, Jack Napier and Mandingo. Men are often treated to stereotypes of gang affiliation, working class labor, and are overrepresented in gang rape fetish films. Also, they are represented as overly aggressive and demanding, and are performing with white women. Similarly, black women are often portrayed with large breast and buttocks, or ‘booty’. They normally play a submissive role while performing with a white male.
- Youth who look at violent x-rated material are six times more likely to report forcing someone to do something sexual online or in-person versus youth not exposed to x-rated material. 
- Middle-school aged boys who view X-rated content are almost three times more likely to report oral sex and sexual intercourse than boys who do not use sexually explicit material
- A study in the southeastern U.S. found that 53 percent of boys and 28 percent of girls (ages 12-15) reported use of sexually explicit media. The Internet was the most popular forum for viewing. 
- The words “sex” and “porn” rank fourth and sixth among the top ten most popular search terms. 
- Roughly two-thirds (67 percent) of young men and one-half (49 percent) of young women agree that viewing pornography is acceptable.
- Nearly 9 out of 10 (87 percent) young men and 1 out of 3 (31 percent) young women report using pornography.
- Experts have warned that the rise in the viewing of pornography was implicated in a variety of problems, including a rise in the levels of STDs and teenage pregnancies. Additionally, males aged between 12 and 17 who regularly viewed pornography had sex at an earlier stage in life and were more likely to initiate oral sex, apparently imitating what they had seen.  
- Internet pornography was blamed for a 20 percent increase in sexual attacks by children over three years.
- One out of three youth who viewed pornography, viewed the pornography intentionally.
- Seven out of ten youth have accidentally come across pornography online.
- Nearly 80 percent of unwanted exposure to pornography is taking place in the home (79 percent occurs in the home; 9 percent occurs at school; 7 percent other/unknown; 5 percent at a friend’s home).
- Kids experience unwanted exposure to sexual material via: A link came up as a result of an innocent word search (40 percent), Clicking on a link in another site (17 percent), A pop-up (14 percent), Other (13 percent), Misspelled web address (12 percent), Don’t know (4 percent), Pictures involving animals or other strange things (10 percent)
- Type of material youth encounter when unwanted exposure to pornography occurs: Naked people (86 percent), People having sex (37 percent), Violent pictures (13 percent)
- Nearly 74 percent of pornography websites surveyed display adult content on their homepage (accessible to anyone) before asking if the viewers are of legal age. 
- American children begin consuming hardcore pronography at an average age of 11
- Four out of five 16 year-olds regularly access pornography online
- Findings from the Youth Internet Safety Survey indicate that 15% of 12-17 year olds have purposefully looked at x-rated material online.
- Data from the PEW Internet and American Life Project suggest that 70% of 15-17 year old internet users accidently view pornography “very” or “Somewhat” often.
- Child pornography is a $3-billion industry. (Top Ten Reviews)
- Child pornography is one of the fastest growing businesses online, and the content is becoming much worse. (Internet Watch Foundation) Internet Watch Foundation confirmed 1536 child abuse domains in 2008.
- The fastest growing demand in commercial websites for child abuse is for images depicting the worst type of abuse, including penetrative sexual activity involving children and adults and sadism or penetration by an animal. 58% of child sexual abuse images depict this level of abuse. (IWF, 2008)
- 69% of all victims in child abuse images are between the ages of 0 and 10 years old. (IWF, 2008)
- In a study of arrested child pornography possessors, 40 percent had both sexually victimized children and were in possession of child pornography. Of those arrested between 2000 and 2001, 83 percent had images involving children between the ages 6 and 12; 39 percent had images of children between ages 3 and 5; and 19% had images of infants and toddlers under age 3 (National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, Child Pornography Possessors Arrested in Internet-Related Crimes: Findings fro the National Juvenile Online Victimization Study. 2005).
- further decline in dopamine levels
- further decline in opioids and endorphins
- drop-off in GABA, which is an anti-anxiety neurotransmitter
- rise in brain stress hormones CRF and norepinephrine
- elevated dynorphin which inhibits dopamine and lowers your pleasure response
- one week after quitting the reward center sprouts new nerve cell branches, which correlate with cravings to use
- More sources on addiction to porn
- Poor concentration
- Social isolation
- Loss of libido (Can take days to manifest, and last a long time)
- Believing a rape victim enjoyed rape
- Believing women suffer less from rape
- Believing women in general enjoy rape
- Believing a rape victim experienced pleasure and “got what she wanted”
- Believing women make false accusations of rape
- Believing rapist deserve less jail time
- More acceptance of the rape myth
- More acceptance of violence against women
- More likely to go to a prostitute and to go more frequently
- Increasing their estimates of how often people engage in sex with violence
- More self-reported likelihood of forcing a women sexually
- More self-reported likelihood of rape
- Creating more sexually violent fantasies to get aroused
- Engaging in more sexual harassment behaviors
- More likelihood of forcing a woman sexually
- More likelihood of future rape
- Using physical coercion to have sex
- Using verbal coercion to have sex
- Using drugs and alcohol to sexually coerce women
- Having engaged in rape
- Having engaged in date rape
- Having engaged in marital rape
- Being an adult sex offender
- Being a child molester
- Being an incest offender
- Engaging in sexual abuse of a battered spouse
- More willingness to have sex with 13-14 year olds
- More sexual attraction to children
- Having sexually abused children
Life and death of a porn star:
- all the women who don’t make money from the porn industry.
- the women who are kidnapped, tortured, and forced into snuff films.
- the skeletons that NAFTA keeps hidden in cobweb-ridden closets on the U.S.-Mexican border.
- their average career length is 3 months. [x] [x]
If you don’t feel like reading:
- Shelley Lubben: Porn as a driver for prostitution and sex trafficking, (Vimeo)
- Cindy Gallop: Make love, not porn (Adult content)
- "They call it fantasy," - Andrea Dworkin
- Ex-Pornstar Jan Villarubia tells her story
- Dr. Gail Dines addressing porn culture and rape culture’s intersecting roles in patriarchy
- “Two Ex-Porn Stars Uncover The Truth About Porn.”
- This guy stopped watching porn — and he wants you to know why.
- Facing Life Head-On: Satan’s Final Frontier—the Sex Industry
- Dr. Gail Dine’s lectures on pornography on youtube (1, 2, 3, 4)
- This video has footage the porn industry doesn’t want you to see. Women are abused, screaming, crying, raped and in pain on the porn set…No woman should have to go to work only to return home beaten and traumatized.”
- On the show Date My Pornstar, porn fans get to interact and converse with their favorite pornstars about their experiences in the industry
- The story of ex-pornstar ‘Sal’, (Pink Cross Foundation)
- Porn actress Sierra Sinn Leaves Porn
- On the Joni talk show, ex-porn actresses come forward to share their experiences on what drove them into the porn industry, how it impacted their lives and what drove them out.
- Here is a site that has testimonies from lots of porn stars. The site is run by an ex pornstar who has dedicated her life to helping the women in the industry.
- Here is an article about Linda Lovelace, star of Deep Throat, basically the first pornography film, talking about how the film was her being raped, and the other atrocities she went through in the porn industry.
- Here is a video of a talk show where three porn actresses speak out against the industry and tell their stories. I can assure you, these are not extreme cases. This is the average life of porn stars.
- Here has great information on the porn industry, and if you scroll down to Porn and the Performer, you can read statistics about the porn industry and porn actresses and what they suffer through.
- Here is some facts about porn from Shelley Lubbens website.
- How porn harms the economy
- How porn harms relationships
- How porn harms gay men
- How porn harms gay women
- How porn harms POC
- Stop Porn Culture’s FAQ
- 400+ dead porn stars obituaries
- more databases on dead porn stars
- More testimonies
- 100+ stories
- anti porn documentaries
- Shelley Lubben.com (Ex porn-star helping other porn stars)
- Shelley Lubben’s MySpace Website
- List of Dead Porn Stars and How They Died
- Where My Ladies At (About porn and it’s connection to hip hop and rap.)
- Feminist Fred: A Place for Men to Learn about Feminism (Also home of Pornsick Pat)
- Compulsion Solutions
- Internet Pornography Statistics (InternetFilterReview.com)
- Porn and Sex Industry Statistics (Enough is Enough.)
- Pornography and Sex Trade Statistics (Most thorough and documented.)
- PBS Documentary “Porn In America”. Full video and lots of information.
- XXX Family Values: ABC Primetime Show about Porn Star Sunny Lane. (Sunny’s parents are her managers. Transcript and video clip at link.)
- ABC Primetime Interview with Porn Star Belladonn (Tells the harsh truth about porn.)
- Porn Profits: Corporate America’s Secret (ABC Primetime Show.)
- Anti-Pornography and Prostitution Research Group (Japan)
- Pornography: Creating Demand for International Sex Trafficking (By Shared Hope International)
- SHIT LOAD OF STATS
if these links aka fucking cold hard proof dont make you stop watching it, i hope you drop dead.
PLEASE take the time to read this whole thing. It is terrifying and heartbreaking to even think of what these people go through
This guy here? He sent a message to my friend that read: “What’s your favorite game? Mine’s called Following You Without You Knowing.”
Sounds really creepy right? I messaged him asking why he decided to say that…and he’s tried to maintain its a joke and that they know each other. My friend tells me otherwise. She’s genuinely frightened. I’ve not reported him.
My goal now is to get the word out.
Real416 is someone to watch out for. He will imply stalking or whatever else he decides is fun for shit and giggles.
Note: Joke or not…this guy is way out of line and thinks its a good laugh to scare people.
Please reblog the hell out of this.
EDIT: He’s seen where she lives via her instigram. Please be wary of this guy.
i think we found the opposite of nash greir
stop white boys 2k14
Because obviously we should all be striving to attract these pasty bean-poles.
But you walked out on your drug addicted husband so, are you really “winning” Khloe?
What the fuck? Yes she’s winning; she walked out on her drug addicted husband who turned away her support and continued to abuse his relationship with her by continuing his irresponsible behavior and entertaining his drug habit instead of accepting the endless help offered to him.
Khloe is not responsible for his habits, nor is she for his behaviors, nor the fact that he cheated on her. She has endless love for that man but, at some point or another, a person has to look out for themselves.
Being with Lamar was hurting her more than it was doing anything else—especially knowing that her being there for him wasn’t changing his decisions about how to carry on his life. Her presence didn’t really seem to make him a better person when he decided to hook up with his awful friends, cheat on her, and dabble in drugs.
So, yes, this bitch is winning because she took her broken ass heart and demolished trust and was like, “Fuck this, I love you Lamar, but I deserve better. I love you and I will always be there for you, but I will not be your wife, I will not be your romantic partner.”
Khloe is strength and power and resilience so fucking check yourself before you go implying blame on her for his actions.
Adapt to this
LET ME JUST POINT OUT THE VARIOUS FLAWS OF LOGIC HERE. FIRST OF ALL DARWINS POWER IS TO LITERALLY ADAPT TO ANYTHING IN THE EFFING UNIVERSE. HIS POWERS DEEMED IT TOO DANGEROUS TO FIGHT THE HULK AND TELEPORTED HIM TO ANOTHER COUNTRY. HE ONCE BECAME PURE COSMIC EFFING ENERGY AND SHORTLY AFTER REMATERIALIZED AS A HUMAN BEING TO PREVENT HIS DEATH. DARWIN IS LITERALLY INEFFINGVINCIBLE. AND YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT A PATHETIC BALL OF KINETIC ENERGY FROM SEBASTIAN SHAW MERKS HIM?!?!?! THEY OBVIOUSLY ARE OUT TO KILL THE BLACK MAN IN THE PLOT AND LITERALLY WROTE THIS SCENE WITH NO REGARDS TO DARWINS POWERS WHATSOEVER AND ITS FRUSTRATING THAT THEY WOULD GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO KILL HIM OFF LIKE THAT
I’m saying. Even in sci fi we ain’t safe
in my headcanon darwin literally became a being of energy and ascended to another plain of existence so he doesn’t have to deal with anymore of this white nonsense
Even in Scifi? We not safe in real life.
thank you I’ve been saying this for the longest!!!!! He is a damn omega level mutant, meaning in the movie he would be a class 5! Dude even adapted into a God and became the God of Death! Dude was college educated in the comics and they made him a taxi driver…like Black folks weren’t educated in the 70’s. And they didn’t even acknowledge that he was an Afro Latino…his name is Armando Munoz, he’s one of the few Afro latino superheros and they did him so dirty.
A movie that’s a metaphor for prejudice/racism/etc did the black guy dirty.
Yep. This was some white nonsense for real
wow. i knew none of this but now i know why i felt so gross about this scene. of course the nazi mutant kills the Black man and it didn’t seem to make any sense to me because of how they described his power in the movie made it fairly clear he was able to adapt to anything. so… they did just wanna kill a Black man and it sucked.
capillaries said: With all due respect, why are you so dedicated to defending Jennifer Lawrence? She has a habit of saying extraordinarily problematic things, and those of us who dislike her dislike her for a reason. Can't you at least acknowledge she is a very problematic figure instead of blindly hero-worshiping her? Please respect those of us who have wholly legitimate reasons for disliking her.
Because there are so fucking few positive female role models out there, when one gets torn down and reviled for piddly shit that male celebrities do without any consequence, it pisses me off.